Welcome to Our Pressroom!
Rodger Friedman’s Bio
Available for interview
E mail: Rodger@RodgeronRetirement.com
RODGER ALAN FRIEDMAN CRPC® BIO
Download Rodger’s Bio PDF Here
Rodger Alan Friedman developed a strong work ethic from his father while growing up and working in the family’s multi generation laundry business. He extends that knowledge, in addition to his 30 years of wealth management experience, to each and every one of his clients.
Rodger’s career has taken him from real-estate agent trainee to Wall Street and ultimately to seasoned financial advisor and wealth management professional. Over three decades, Rodger grew his skills, knowledge, experience, and practice, and today he continues to feel passionate about what he is doing: focusing on advising affluent retirees and near-retirees in structuring their planning and investments for the next phase of their lives. Rodger has obtained the Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM certification from the College for Financial Planning. He is now a Wealth Manager and retirement planner in the Washington Metropolitan area.
He has over 3 decades of experience as a wealth manager in the financial services industry, both advising clients as well as managing the complex operations of a large wealth management office. Rodger’s expertise was honed at E.F. Hutton, Shearson Lehman, Smith Barney and most recently Morgan Stanley. Rodger left Morgan Stanley in 2014 where he served as a senior vice president and senior investment management consultant.
Together with business partner Joe Wong, Rodger offers a holistic and comprehensive planning based approach to wealth management and retirement planning to families across the nation. This process helps them to truly understand each client’s unique needs and changing circumstances.
Raised in New York, Rodger is a graduate of the State University of New York with a degree in Political Science. For the last 30 years, he has called the Washington D.C. area his home. He lives with his wife Reena, and their two children, Avery and Jason in Rockville, Maryland.
In addition to his support for a number of charities, Rodger spends his time reading books, writing and lifting weights.
Rodger is the author of the books:
Forging Bonds of Steel: How to Build a Successful and Lasting Relationship with Your Financial Advisor
Fire Your Retirement Planner – You! Concise advice on how to join the $100,000 retirement club
The Mindset of Retirement Success: 7 Winning Strategies to Change Your Life
An Interview with Rodger Friedman in New York City
Rodger on why Being on Your Own is a Mistake
A Few Words from Rodger on Biggest Risk
A Few Words from Brian Tracy about Rodger
A Few Words from Rodger about Social Security
Sample Interview Questions
Sample Interview Questions
For Rodger Alan Friedman
Forging Bonds of Steel: How to Build a Successful and Lasting Relationship with your Financial Advisor (2014)
Fire Your Retirement Planner: YOU! Concise Advice on How to Join the $100,000 Retirement Club (2016)
The Mindset of Retirement Success: 7 Winning Strategies to Change Your Life (2018)
- You talk of the “frightening truths” of retirement. OK – folks over 50 thinking about retirement – what are they totally unprepared for?
- You say some of the smartest people make the dumbest decisions about retirement, why?
- What would someone in need of financial guidance look for in a financial advisor?
- Why do you feel people should hire a team rather than a sole practitioner?
- For those Do It Your Self or DIY’s, what advice would you give them?
- You often talk about 8 control factors that determine retirement success – what are they?
- Social Security – what are the biggest mistakes you see?
- How do you feel about advice from friends, co-workers and family?
- You wrote a special report, “The 12 Keys to Successful Retirement Planning Your Parents Didn’t Teach You” How do our listeners get a copy of the free report?
- Why are you so passionate about this? Is there something in your background that triggered this?
Contact Rodger A Friedman at 1-844-3-MY-PLAN